Springing off Sasha’s feature on The Growlers yesterday, I thought I’d do a quick feature of their tour dates – they’re coming to Toronto on Friday September 12th at Lee’s Palace in support of their upcoming album, Chinese Fountain via Everloving Records.
Hope everyone had a great Canada Day! Feels weirdly like a Monday, but we are only a couple days away from another weekend so I’m rolling with this weird Tuesday Holiday thing and sharing a sweet summer song from The Growlers.
I wasn’t shocked to find out that the band hails from Southern California, just listening to their music makes me feel like I’m in a surf film and it’s hard not to compare One Million Lovers with Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, both sound like they’re sprinkled with hippie love and filtered by the 70s, which for me is a winning combination.
To be 15 again and read through the lyrics as you play the song, feel free to click through…
1. Ode to Viceroy – Mac DeMarco
2. The Echo – Wild Honey
3. Cloud 69 – Lowell
4. Gather Around – The Allergies
5. Waiting For The Summer – The Pandamonium
6. Martian Man – Lora Logic
7. Sweet Discontent – Tuff Love
8. Too Tired – Meat Market
9. Looking For A Fight – Bleached
10. Ball & Chain (Dave Newfeld Version) – The Cruelty Party
11. Little Fang – Avey Tare’s Slasher Flicks
12. No Waves – FIDLAR
13. teeshirt – Quaker Parents
14. I Wanna Be Forgotten – Bass Drum Of Death
15. One Million Lovers – The Growlers
16. Baby You Were There – TV Girl
17. Somersault – Jettison Tape
18. Milk Crisis – The Go! Team
19. Careless – The Delphines