1. Windowpane – Mild High Club
2. Novo Sarajevo – Gretchen*
3. It’s Out – Harley
4. The River – King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
5. BIG MONEY BUYS THE WORLD – Carl Didur*
6. Ant Bites – Blessin’
7. Bathtub – Waxahatchee
8. How could we get ourselves lost? – Al Berkowitz
9. Agriculture – Lazybones
10. Fender Bender – Kid Koala*
11. OUTERLIMIT (SPACE HO) – Madlib
12. You Are My Light – Vulture Street Tape Gang
13. Local Knowledge – 3070
14. since u asked – swim good* and Merival*
15. Waited Too Long – Goldwash
1. Warmth (ft. AM) – Swim Good
2. Dis Moi Combien Tu Planes ? – Mista Hope
3. Mambo Flying Party – GUTS
4. Jumpin’ Jumpin’ (Jean Tonique Remix) – Destiny’s Child
5. Beam Me Up (Disco Tech Edit) – Midnight Magic
6. I Can Do No Wrong – American Wrestlers
7. Heaven – Popstrangers
8. Electric – TEEN
9. Something Had To Give – COMPNY
10. Patterns on the Door – Old Smile
11. Class Historian – BRONCHO
12. Sheila – Memory Tapes
13. Eden – Ben Khan
I moved last weekend, so even though I put the bones of this post together a week ago, I disconnected the internet too soon and didn’t get a chance to finish, or make it live. (so many excuses…) Aaaaaanyways, here is some music that I was listening to as I packed up all my junk, then lugged it from one spot to another, as well as some new stuff for this weekend.
I love this band, I’m not as in love with this Tokyo Police Club album as I was with Elephant Shell or Champ, but this song is cute, upon cute, upon cute. “When you smile, you smile with all your teeth at once”… I mean most people smile with all their teeth, but I think the lyrics are adorable and for a band that usually caps their songs around 2.5/3 minutes (even though I wish they’d go longer), I’m happy to see a song that almost hits the 9 minute mark.
Phoenix has been releasing some great remixes, SOS In Bel Air is still my favourite, but this one by Gopher & Devin is starting to rack up the plays in my itunes. Fun fact: both bands are French.
There are no lyrics in this PEELERS SELLERS song, just straight up “computer sounds” as my parents call them that make me feel like I should be doing something cool by the ocean.
Excited for some new Caribou, Can’t Do Without You takes a moment (around a minute and a half) for the beat to drop, kinda couldn’t help but think of this, but it’s a great song, now I only have to wait until October 7, to get the album.
CATHEDRALS made an appearance on one of my favourite TGIF playlist back in March. They just released Want My Love and it reminds me of a smooth 90s R&B slowjam, another winning track from the band.
I saw Foster the People at Massey Hall and Are you What You Want to Be? stuck out, it is one of those songs that you listen to again because it’s really upbeat/catchy, but then you slowly pay attention to the lyrics, and they’re deep and interesting.