Here’s a bit of what I’ve been listening to this month so far:
- I’m really digging SALES, their music sounds effortless and fun to me. This is their newest release, Vow. If you like it, I strongly suggest listening to the rest of their Soundcloud feed. Another band I’m waiting to play Toronto.
- I love nothing more than when I read through our e-mails (doesn’t happen very often, Katie is our e-mail master) and see good music. Wet Leather just e-mailed us (thaaaanks guys) and I love this song, kind of has a Phoenix-vibe.
- I’ve posted FYFE music before, it’s a little less upbeat then the rest of the tracks on this list, but I like his stuff.
- Do you ever play a song for someone and they have no idea what the singer is saying… If that hasn’t happened to you yet, play this Mexican Summer song. My sister gives me a hard time about it, but I seem to have a thing for muffled/distorted vocals, this song is no exception.
That’s all I got! Enjoy and have a great May 2-4 weekend:)
I’ve done a round up of some surf rock because there’s nothing I like listening to more when I’m desperate for summer. So if you’re looking for music that takes you on a mental vacation somewhere hot, with a beach until you can do the real thing, take a listen:
SALES (Orlando) – Bandcamp | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud
- This is the type of music I dream of finding at the moment: sweet, romantic, surf rock. I haven’t listened to a song of theirs I didn’t immediately enjoy so I had to post a few tracks. I could have saved them for a full post, but didn’t want to wait any longer to share. Definitely a favourite of mine at the moment.
Best Friends (Sheffield, UK) – Bandcamp |Tumblr | Facebook | Twitter |
- Surf rock with a bit more of a punky, garage band vibe.
Diamond Mind (Edmonton) – Bandcamp | Facebook
- I don’t instantly think of Edmonton, Alberta when I think of surf rock, but Diamond Mind does it well. The vocal dips give me a retro feeling too, I like it take a listen to their Bandcamp for more.