JULIANNA BARWICK (juliannabarwick.bandcamp.com/) Brooklyn vocalist and ambient electronic experimenter Julianna Barwick arrives in Toronto on the heels of her 3rd album “Will”. Barwick’s vocals are all encompassing, moving with the ease of a mesmerizing fog. Electronics whisper and flush, as her voice creeps around ever aural cavern. Almost merging with her flowering ambient structures, but always remaining an elusive presence. Don’t sleep on what is sure to be a powerful & moving performance.
BLUNT CHUNKS (bluntchunks.bandcamp.com/) Spacey vocals & electronics swirl around you like a settling mist. Caitlin Woelfle-O’Brien’s voice soars & sways with multiples of itself, filling empty space like a it’s a cavernous church. Forlorn guitar notes shake in the cold night, glistening in the moon light. Music to keep close to your heart.
1. Beyond The Neon Lights – Raleigh Moncrief
2. Great Headless Blank – Makeunder
3. Shy – T H O M A S*
4. HAWAII – Ainslie Wills
5. Cowboy Guilt – TORRES
6. Want You Back – Nite Jewel
7. A Different Street – FUNKTIONSLUST
8. Halfway Zen – Jerry Paper
9. Suburban Nights – Sean Nicholas Savage*
10. The Magic Place – Julianna Barwick
11. 5ft7 – Tonstartssbandht*
12. Loud Mouths – Wise Blood
13. Prophets – River Tiber*
14. Kind Words – Gretchen*
15. Nobody – Renny Wilson*
16. Seven – Vinnie Who
17. Old Dream – Paul Bergmann
1. Oh Cecilia – Born Ruffians
2. We Are The Rain – Flyte
3. Vocal Chords – Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
4. Talk Is Cheap – Chet Faker
5. One Half – Julianna Barwick
6. To Lose – Oceaán
7. It All Glows – Delta Will
8. Heartless – Sean Nicholas Savage
9. Love Me If You Find The Time – Fatch.
10. Never Love – Lxury
11. Tamb Beat – RED
12. Curtains?! – Timber Timbre
13. Cadillac Desert – William Tyler
14. Holy Ghost – Delta Will
15. Delorean Dynamite – Todd Terje
Retweet w/ hashtag #DeltaWillYouShowMeAGoodTime or email email@example.com to win 2 tickets (plus 2 EPs and 2 drink tickets) to see Delta Will at Baltimore House on Thursday April 3rd (Facebook RSVP). Contest closes Wed Apr 2nd 6pm EST!
Here are some MP3s to pique your interest for NXNE! It would take a lifetime (or at least a very long time) to put together a comprehensive NXNE taste test. There’s just too many darned bands! But enjoy this little burst of NXNE flavour to whet your appetite!