I know summer JUST started, but I’m already freaked that June is nearly over and it’s not the healthiest, but I just love the warm weather and not having to wear pants all the time… I’m also pretty happy to have a good musical soundtrack for summer to back up the season change, check out some of that music below:
- I’m sad I missed the Alvvays show at NXNE because the more I listen the more I fall in love with their music. Archie, Marry Me is so sweet, and I also love their song Adult Diversion great local music.
- CYMBALS lyrics in The Natural World kind of make me laugh: “I don’t know enough about you, to be kind to you”. Something tells me this band isn’t a group of friend-makers, but they sure write a great summer song.
- More TV Girl love, perfect for a sunny day lounging in a pool while laying out on a floaty.
- Can you go wrong with Kevin Drew? Probably not, and more local music that I’m proud to say is Canadian.
- Mac DeMarco has this really awesome psychedelic 70s thing going on with his music, I love it.
- Surf rock from Ireland’s Laurie Shaw, you can click through the Soundcloud track to their page and download the song for free too :)
- Capping off this week’s list with a little Tokyo Police Club, loving the lyrics:”Living in the minds of girls who would never say shit to me now. As pretty as they were in high school, I wonder if I’ll ever see them around”.
That’s it friends! Hope you all have a great long weekend :)