1. There is Blood in My Body – LOOM*
2. Fall In – Young Magic
3. Could’ve It Been Me? – Renny Wilson*
4. Regazzi – Tredici Bacci
5. The End of August – Jacco Gardner
6. Str8 Sh00ter – Andy Sadoway
7. Again – Faith Healer*
8. Deserter – Siskiyou*
9. Pill – Ought*
10. Raising The Skate – Speedy Ortiz
11. The sun roars into view – Colin Stetson and Sarah Neufeld*
12. On A Path – Owen Pallett*
13. Rice & Bones – Disco Doom
Colin Stetson’s music is not for the faint of heart. It’s a sound more important than noise, ripping up everything in its path. It forces you to focus on something more abstract than yourself.
This track, from New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light (April 30th, 2013) is disturbing and subterranean. It’s like a twisted, coiled worm, crawling and winding through inches of dirt and dust, breaking through the surface layer expecting sunlight, but met with an apocalyptic sky.
This one will always be my favourite. It’s kaleidoscopic and flashing lights, hope distilled into sound. I imagine this is what my heart sounds like when I am hoping for something good to happen.