I was pretty much listening to the same stuff over and over again last week, which is awesome for me (it’s actually one of my favourite things) but I don’t think posting the same songs every day really works for the blog so I scrapped last weeks TGIF playlist.
- Am I the only one picking up a street-vibe from the Born Ruffians? Because I’m not mad at it. and even though Oh Cecilia is being released as a bonus track, I think it would have been a stand out on their last album had it made the cut.
- This Jarbird song may be the only ‘new band’ feature on this week’s list, I’ve only spotted the one song on their Soundcloud page, but I can’t wait to hear more.
- The original track is a beautiful slow-jam, but I wanted to switch it up with a remix. If you’re looking for music that reminds you a little of Sade, or a female vocalist equivalent of a Bon Iver with less heartbreak, definitely check out more of Rhye’s music. Bonus points for half the band being Canadian,
- I think this may be my favourite new release by St. Vincent right now.
- I like Black Keys best when they’re a bit more gritty, so I wasn’t blown away with this song, but take a listen if you haven’t already. Maybe I was misled by the album teaser for Turn Blue because it was a little psychedelic and dark and weird, so I’ll wait to see what else they have to release. Not sure if this was maybe a safe choice single?
That’s all I’ve got! If you’re looking for round up of all the songs I’ve been listening to this month, click through for my March 2014 playlist.