Erin, who does Kicking It Whole School with my homegirl Sasha, tossed me a nomination for the Liebster Award, which helps slackers discover new blogs as the pasta overflows on the stovetop (or whatever adults cook these days).
Once someone is nominated, they have to:
- Acknowledge who nominated them (I DID THIS ALREADY, SO I AM A GOOD PERSON, RIGHT????)
- Answer their eleven questions (CAN I GET A SNACK FIRST??)
- Share 11 facts about themselves (Oversharing is a Millennial’s favourite party trick)
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and give them 11 questions of our own to answer (Not even sure I know 11 people IRL, but I’ll try)
Also, I think this thing might be for food bloggers, but since my monitor is obscured by food smears and I type from a couch whose threadcount is 1000 crumbs, I’m basically a food blogger. Or human garbage.
1) Why did you start a blog?
2) What motivates you to keep blogging?
The promise of profit
3) What do you always keep in your freezer?
4) What is your go-to food in stressful situations?
Vegetables (mostly cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and carrots) and five cent candy from 7/11. I’m a paradox, and deeply confused inside.
5) What is your dream job?
Freelance audio producer! I’m basically already doing this!
I would love to compose music for television, film, and radio. I studied classical piano in university, and I’m a halfway-decent composer. I’d love to fall into this career by connecting with people working on small, independent projects, and building from there.
When I’m older (>15 years from now), I’d love to do a Masters in Animal Physiology and start freelancing as a science journalist.
6) Where are you in five years?
Debt free. Living in Philadelphia or Montreal, then bouncing around to another cool city. Maybe my hair will finally grow out.
7) Which recipe/food do you google the most?
Donuts and ice cream. They’re tasty and they look like pastel buttholes and poops.
8) What do you look for in a food blog?
Recipes for lazy incompetents.
9) What makes you interested in other blogs? (Pictures, text etc.. )
Music Between Friends endorses no one*
*please read Music Between Friends
10) What mood are you in right now?
I’m in the dark. I’m all alone. I’m a bit hungry. I’m hunched over my glowing laptop. So, pretty normal tbh
11) How will you end your current day? (Take a bath, sing etc.)
By falling asleep on the couch after watching a pirated episode of Mad Men, just before reminding myself that I should clean my apartment and book a dentist appointment (maybe). I might go see a few bands at Ratio tonight (Jealousy Mountain Duo, Petra Glynt, Not The Wind, Not The Flag, and Zaum), in which case, cover me in chip crumbs before all of the above.
11 Random Facts
1) I am slightly allergic to most food, but I ignore this because I am a butthead
2) I write and volunteer for Weird Canada
3) I’m going to start making looped drone music this summer
4) I am terrifyingly friendly in real life
5) I secretly read beauty blogs but often neglect to shower for days
6) I have a uniform: high-waisted mom jeans, a half-bun, bright pink or purple lipstick, and a voluminous boys tee
7) I think I might be a hipster
8) I love trolling spam emails