I moved last weekend, so even though I put the bones of this post together a week ago, I disconnected the internet too soon and didn’t get a chance to finish, or make it live. (so many excuses…) Aaaaaanyways, here is some music that I was listening to as I packed up all my junk, then lugged it from one spot to another, as well as some new stuff for this weekend.
- I love this band, I’m not as in love with this Tokyo Police Club album as I was with Elephant Shell or Champ, but this song is cute, upon cute, upon cute. “When you smile, you smile with all your teeth at once”… I mean most people smile with all their teeth, but I think the lyrics are adorable and for a band that usually caps their songs around 2.5/3 minutes (even though I wish they’d go longer), I’m happy to see a song that almost hits the 9 minute mark.
- Phoenix has been releasing some great remixes, SOS In Bel Air is still my favourite, but this one by Gopher & Devin is starting to rack up the plays in my itunes. Fun fact: both bands are French.
- There are no lyrics in this PEELERS SELLERS song, just straight up “computer sounds” as my parents call them that make me feel like I should be doing something cool by the ocean.
- Excited for some new Caribou, Can’t Do Without You takes a moment (around a minute and a half) for the beat to drop, kinda couldn’t help but think of this, but it’s a great song, now I only have to wait until October 7, to get the album.
- Electro-Soul from Brooklyn band Denitia and Sene, not sure it gets more hip that that, another good song of theirs is Divided.
- CATHEDRALS made an appearance on one of my favourite TGIF playlist back in March. They just released Want My Love and it reminds me of a smooth 90s R&B slowjam, another winning track from the band.
- I saw Foster the People at Massey Hall and Are you What You Want to Be? stuck out, it is one of those songs that you listen to again because it’s really upbeat/catchy, but then you slowly pay attention to the lyrics, and they’re deep and interesting.
Thanks for checking out the playlist, hope you have a great weekend!