As expected, Supercrawl was amazing. Here’s a breakdown of what I saw, did, and ate.
1. Walked until my calves resembled Jane Fonda’s
2. Promoted MBF and Indie-licious on the air w/ Jamie and Gunner, live broadcasting 93.3 CFMU out of Homegrown Hamilton
3. Admired art I can’t afford
4. Petted some kittens waiting for Forever Homes
5. Almost stepped in horse manure
6. Watched in awe as a man called “One-Eyed Ron” ran his fingers through another man’s thick ponytail while breathing heavily through a harmonica… until the cops took him back to the Portuguese Men’s Centre. Note: all of this took place three feet from Great Lake Swimmers street performance, and Ron liberally praised himself for doing such a great job of accompanying the band.
7. Shivered off about 10,000 kCal worth of street meat as the temperature plummeted down to 9 degrees Celsius.
Thanks for the lovely time Hamilton! I’ll be sure to come back again and again, because there’s nothing better than supporting a community that has put you through four years of education and left you with a smile on your face.