This is a celebratory TGIF Playlist, because it’s my birthday this weekend NBD or anything…
Katie made the coolest birthday themed post already, with the funniest gifs (check that our here). It warmed my little heart because I’ve got the best blog partner–which is like a life partner, but you don’t live together or share half your money and belongings with one another (I don’t know what a life partner is…).
So my post is made up of songs I’ll be adding to my “b-day play-list’ (the real name of my playlist on iTunes). Hope you like it and have a great weekend!
LCD Soundsystem – All My Friends
- I’m going to sound like a hippie, but this song has energy. No matter what you are doing, if you are playing All My Friends in the background, it’s suddenly more epic. To watch the last magical live performance of this song in New York City, click here, if you stick it out to the 4:50 mark you get the ‘do-do-do’ sing along :), love it.
Len – Steal my Sunshine
- As far as I’m concerned this a Canadian classic and it wouldn’t be a Sasha playlist without some throwbacks from the 90s.
Mac DeMarco – Bye Bye Bye
- Here’s to saying a goodbye to being 26, and a hello to 27 :|
Gorillaz - Crystallized (xx cover)
- I guess this would be the slow jam section of the playlist, I just found out about this song so its getting a lot of love.
Majid Jordan – A Place Like This
- Newly released, but sounds a lot like 90’s R&B, #swoon.
Andy Bull – Talk Too Much
- This one is for all those people who sometimes wish they were the strong, silent type, but just end up being the goofy, over sharers at the party.
The Isley Brothers – Shout
- Bringing the tempo back up with a little Isley Brothers, because it isn’t a party until all your guests dance in unison while singing “and a little be louder now!”.
Arcade Fire – Afterlife