1. Beyond The Neon Lights – Raleigh Moncrief
2. Great Headless Blank – Makeunder
3. Shy – T H O M A S*
4. HAWAII – Ainslie Wills
5. Cowboy Guilt – TORRES
6. Want You Back – Nite Jewel
7. A Different Street – FUNKTIONSLUST
8. Halfway Zen – Jerry Paper
9. Suburban Nights – Sean Nicholas Savage*
10. The Magic Place – Julianna Barwick
11. 5ft7 – Tonstartssbandht*
12. Loud Mouths – Wise Blood
13. Prophets – River Tiber*
14. Kind Words – Gretchen*
15. Nobody – Renny Wilson*
16. Seven – Vinnie Who
17. Old Dream – Paul Bergmann
1. Windowpane – Mild High Club
2. Novo Sarajevo – Gretchen*
3. It’s Out – Harley
4. The River – King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
5. BIG MONEY BUYS THE WORLD – Carl Didur*
6. Ant Bites – Blessin’
7. Bathtub – Waxahatchee
8. How could we get ourselves lost? – Al Berkowitz
9. Agriculture – Lazybones
10. Fender Bender – Kid Koala*
11. OUTERLIMIT (SPACE HO) – Madlib
12. You Are My Light – Vulture Street Tape Gang
13. Local Knowledge – 3070
14. since u asked – swim good* and Merival*
15. Waited Too Long – Goldwash
1. One Hundred Fifth Wave – KZA
2. DU JOUR – E1SBAR*
3. Let It Carry You (Holy Ghost! Remix) – José Gonzalez
4. Incoming Instructions – Cyclist*
5. Make It Easy – Ben Browning
6. Shock Me (Anoraak Remix) – Fancy
7. Cloaked – Woolf and the Wondershow
8. Rinse Dream – Pharoahs
9. Two Time Measure – Tolouse Low Trax
10. That’s Impossible (Ali Renault Remix) – Manhattan Project
11. Anxiety (pt.2 Taffi Louis edit) – Amin Peck
I came home from work starving and realized that I have no food (typical). But since it’s Canada day, none of the grocery stores are open. So I ordered a pizza online and while I’m waiting to pick it up, here’s some music.
Simon, the founder of Tempel Arts, just sent me this beautiful album in the mail. Madrid’s Al Berkowitz originally wrote You And I back in 2013, but it was recently re-released on Tempel Arts. Their second LP is filled with effortless instrumental baroque pop. Light fingerpicking, long cello strokes, vocals reminiscent of Junip, and jangly piano mix in a carefully constructed, soft-spoken way.
Speaking of melted sounds, I’m quite fond of Intro by Brazilian band Peixefante from their debut EP Lorde Pascal. Cruzada Moderna feels like stirring from a hazy, sunblinded beach nap to see a lost lover drawn into the foaming, crashing waves.
UV Rays is a psych pop band from Brooklyn and their EP Brothers comes out tomorrow. Defer All Your Dreams To Me sounds like a song that was put through a tumble dryer.
Montreal’s Pee Wee is the lo-fi art rock of Julien Chaballe. He just released Tingles last week, and it’s shifting, restless, and warm.
Denton’s Blessin’ just released a brand new EP called GO and I am predicting a lot of repeat listens this summer. The chord changes in Pookie’s Dog are insanely unpredictable.